- 700g fresh Salmon filleted
This can be bought ready prepared or made at home by combining the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado – peeled, destoned and diced
- 1 red chilli – finely chopped
- 1/2 a red onion – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
Mix cajun seasoning ingredients together
Coat salmon fillets with the mixture and fry in a very hot pan for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Serve with mashed potato and chives and the salsa.
Dice the tomatoes. Add the red onion, red chill, coriander and avocado. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.