NB: also in pollack, smoked fish, haddock, hake, whiting
- 450g fish cut into 2cm cubes. (i.e. haddock, pollock, smoked fish, hake, whiting etc)
- 600ml milk
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon (streaky or back bacon)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 small tin sweet corn, drained
- Small knob butter
- 2 large peeled potatoes cut into small cubes
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper.
Boil potatoes until soft. Mash one half of the potatoes. Remove potatoes from saucepan and set aside.
Place fish in the same saucepan and add milk, simmer gently for three mins until cooked.
In a frying pan, melt butter and gently fry the onion and bacon.
Add onion, bacon, sweet corn, and potatoes to the milk and fish.
Thin to desired consistency with vegetable stock.
Season, and reheat to serve, finish with sprinkling of fresh parsley.