Ingredients for the snapper:
- 1 x 600g/1lb 5oz red snapper, scaled and filleted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Ingredients for the salsa:
- 1/2 small pineapple, skinned and finely chopped
- 110g/4oz baby plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp soy sauce.
Place a griddle pan over a high heat.
Score the skin side of the fillets diagonally.
Rub the oil into the slits followed by the turmeric and cumin seeds. Season.
Griddle the fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix all the salsa ingredients.
Serve the spicy snapper on a portion of salsa.