- 700g monkfish, filleted, skinned and cut into cubes
- 1 tablesp. oil
- 75g Green Thai paste
- 1 teasp. root ginger, grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Small handful of fresh coriander and basil, chopped
- Juice of half lime
Add the oil to a large heavy based frying pan, and warm a little, then add the paste and cook for a minute. Then stir in the ginger, scallions and peppers and coat in the paste. Pour in the coconut milk, and boil for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Season the fish and add to the mixture in the pan and gently simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is beginning to flake. Add the chopped herbs and lime juice.
Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
Cut the fish is cut into same-sized pieces so that they will cook evenly.
Other fish you could use: Hake, haddock.