Comments are off
- 2 large crabs and their cooked meat
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 175g/6oz onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 meduim tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 2-3 fresh hot green chillies, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh finely chopped green coriander,
- 2 tbsp lemon, juice only
- 1/4 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 6 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and preheat the grill to medium high.
Open up the crabs by pulling off their lower shells. Remove all the crabmeat, break it up into small lumps and save. Save the crab backs, they will be used for serving.
Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. When hot, put in the onions and garlic. Stir and fry until they turn golden. Put in the tomatoes. Stir and fry until the tomatoes are soft. Add the chillies. Stir once or twice. Now put in the coriander, crabmeat, lemon juice, salt and pepper, mix and taste. Turn off the heat and mix well.
Spoon the crabmeat into the two crab backs. Spread the breadcrumbs over the top, dribble over the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until heated through. Brown the top quickly under the grill.