- 4 salmon darnes.
- Salt and cracked black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- 170g – 225g dry cous cous
- 1/2 red pepper – very finely diced
- 1/2 green chilli – very finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli – very finely diced
- 1 tomato – skinned and diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- 1 small tin sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 red chilli – very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake vigorously.
Cut salmon into portions. Wipe well with kitchen paper. Rub skin-side with sea salt.
Heat oil in a heavy pan. Place salmon skin-side down in pan. Cook without turning until skin crisps. Briskly sear the other three sides.
Cook cous cous according to instructions on packet.
Combine cous cous with all the other ingredients for salad and dressing.
Arrange salmon and salad on plate and drizzle a little dressing around the plate. Serve with tossed salad.