- 1 fresh pineapple – peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
Grill the pineapple rings over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes each, or until they have grill marks. Remove from heat and cut each ring into approximately 5 wedges.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour in the coconut milk and milk. Continue stirring until thickened. Mix in curry powder, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place prawn into the mixture.
Arrange the pineapple wedges on a medium serving platter. Skewer each piece of prawn with a cocktail stick, then insert the cocktail sticks into the pineapple wedges.