- 16 fresh oysters
- 1 cup of cooked spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (190ml) hot milk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Grated nutmeg
White Sauce Method
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in flour; pour in milk, a little at a time, stirring.
- Mix while thickening.
- Flavour with Dijon mustard and sour cream.
- Salt, pepper and add nutmeg, to taste.
Brush oyster shells under cold running water.
Open shells, remove oysters and set aside.
Wash and thoroughly dry the inside of deeper half of the shells.
Mix together spinach and white sauce.
Pour some spinach mixture into reserved oyster shells.
Delicately center 1 oyster into each shell; cover with white sauce.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Grill until golden brown.
Serve immediately, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.