- 3 whole squid – cleaned. Reserve tentacles.
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 110g/4ozs streaky rasher – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 15g butter.
- 15g/1oz butter
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tin tomatoes – well drained
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Pinch nutmeg
- Bay leaf
- 1/2 glass white wine
- Seasoned flour
Stuffing: Melt butter and sauté rasher, onion and garlic. Add chopped tentacles, wine and parsley. Cook gently for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool.
Fill the stuffing into the body of the squid. Secure and toss in seasoned flour.
Fry quickly in oil but do not brown. Place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
Melt butter. sauté onion and garlic.
Add drained tomatoes, bay leaf, nutmeg and wine. Simmer
Pour the sauce over the squid and bake in a moderate oven 190°C/350°F/Gas 5 for 30 minutes.
Cut into slices and serve with buttered long grain rice.