- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size segments
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp diced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 700g Swordfish steaks
Make the salsa in a medium-size bowl, combine oranges, pineapple chunks, mango, minced Jalapenos, orange juice, red bell pepper, sugar and cilantro. Mix well and refrigerate covered
In a non-reactive bowl, mix 1/2 cup orange juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper and pineapple juice.
Place swordfish steaks in bowl and turn to coat well. Marinate the swordfish for 30 mins.
Prepare an outside grill with oiled rack set 6 inches from the heat source. On a gas grill, set the heat to med/high.
Grill the swordfish on each side for a total of about 12-15 minutes, until opaque in the centre
Serve the grilled fish with the salsa.