- 4 gurnard fillets, skinned and boned
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g small waxy potatoes, cooked whole until tender in boiling water, well drained, peeled and broken in half
- 2 tablespoons tomato pureé
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 400g tomatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
Heat the oil over moderate heat in a wide saucepan. Add the onion, olives and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft.
Add the potatoes, tomato paste, wine, tomatoes and stock, and mix well.Bring to the boil, simmer 5 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the fish, mix carefully, and simmer 4 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
Serve with some crusty bread or toast.