- 8 Herring or mackerel fillets – bones removed
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 dessert-spoon light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Knob of fresh root ginger – peeled
- Fresh thyme, oregano and parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Blend mustard, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and herbs together in a processor. Gradually add in the oil.
Spread mustard mixture on to flesh side of fillets. Fold fillets over.
Arrange fish in casserole dish and spread remaining mustard mixture on top.
Bake, uncovered, in a fairly hot oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 10-12 minutes.