Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 2x 455g/1lb red bream or red mullet, cleaned and scaled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil.
Preheat the grill.
Make 3-4 slashes across both sides of the fish and sprinkle with 1 tsp of lemon juice.
In a small bowl mix together 1 tbsp of lemon juice and the oranges, apples, parsley, nutmeg and seasoning.
Fill the fish cavity with the fruit mixture.
Secure with a cocktail stick, if necessary.
Mix together the remaining lemon juice, honey and olive oil.
Line the grill pan with foil and brush with the honey mixture. Place the fish onto the foil and pour over half the honey mixture.
Grill for 8-10 minutes under a moderate heat.
Turn over and place the orange slices into the slashes.
Pour over the remaining honey mixture and grill for a further 6-8 minutes.