Blackened Mackerel with Salsa
Published on the: 21-01-2019
- 700g fresh mackerel filleted and skinned with pin bones removed
- This can be bought ready prepared or made at home by combining the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Mix cajun seasoning ingredients together
Coat mackerel fillets with the mixture and fry in a very hot pan for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Serve with mashed potato and chives and the following salsa.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado – peeled, destoned and diced
- 1 red chilli – finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
Dice the tomatoes. Add the red onion, red chill, coriander and avocado. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.