- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cracked coriander seeds
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced small
- 1 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, diced with small seeds removed
- 1/4 finely chopped ginger
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
- 2 large tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
Combine all salsa ingredients 1/2 hour before serving and refrigerate.
Mix together black pepper and coriander seeds. Coat the tuna steaks in the mix by pressing them firmly into the mix.
Heat oil in a frying pan, sear tuna over high/medium heat. Cook on each side for 3 to 5 minutes.
Spoon salsa onto plates, slice tuna and garnish with coriander leaves.